qldwater members are registered urban water service providers in Queensland which include local government service providers, local government-owned corporations, local government-owned statutory authorities and state government-owned statutory authorities. In 2015 we also introduced an Affiliate Members option to help fund our communication products.
In 2022-23 qldwater had a total of 73 full members, which included:
- 2 of 2 Torres Strait Island Council Service Providers
- 15 of 15 Aboriginal Councils
- 52 of 52 Non-Indigenous Councils
- 2 of 2 council-owned Statutory Authorities in SEQ (Unitywater, Urban Utilities)
- 2 of 2 state government-owned Statutory Authorities (Gladstone Area Water Board and Mount Isa Water Board)
qldwater works closely with Seqwater through the Queensland Water Skills Partnership.
Benefits of membership
Benefits for members of qldwater are listed here and include:
- industry representation,
- support in technical and operational issues,
- improved technical representation in policy formulation through LGAQ,
- stronger technical input to State and Commonwealth Government,
- standard documentation,
- streamlined reporting and planning,
- minimising duplication by members (methodologies, procedures, etc.), and
- improving cooperation among Service Providers and facilitating regional collaboration,
- benchmarking and best practice
- training and capacity building
- links to other industry members and national and other jurisdictions
- free access to our publications, downloads and the members-only website
- access to the 'Ask an Expert' web forums.